The Software helps users create training and documentation materials of their workflows.
1 Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us:
- To create an account for the Services or to enable certain features, we require that you provide us with information (“Personal Data”) for your account such as name, email, password, and authentication credentials. If you sign up for a paid subscription, we (or our payment processors) may need your billing details such as credit card information, banking information, and billing address.
Information Collected Automatically As You Use The Service
- Due to nature of our Service, we collect your clicks, keystrokes, and the content that appears on your screen during the recording period. The recording period is from the moment you initiate it through the recording feature, and it concludes when you turn off the recording feature. The user must initiate the recording feature for it to collect data. You may choose to have information shared by you removed at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools (such as those of Google Analytics, Crisp, Hotjar) to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information in aggregate form such that it cannot reasonably be manipulated to identify any particular individual user. For more information on these cookies, please see here.
- Do Not Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. We do not respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, as the Internet industry is still working on Do Not Track standards, implementations, and solutions.
We use our cookies for security purposes of customizing your experience with our Service, improving our Service, and tailoring our messaging. Below are some examples of how we use first-party cookies.
- Log & Device Data – These cookies help us determine what type of devices you use, so that we know which environments to prioritize building features and workflows for.
- Analytics Data – These cookies help us understand how you use the Service so that we can improve the Service.
- Security Data – These cookies help us determine whether to log you out of inactive sessions, which devices you are logged into, and from where.
2 How We Use Your Information
We use your information in the following ways:
- Provide, maintain, analyze and improve our Services.
- Contact you regarding our products, services, and other information that we think may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you will be given the option to opt out or change your preferences.
- Keep our Services secure and protect against fraud, abuse, and intrusion.
- Provide user support, information, and services requested by you.
- To send important account or security notifications.
- For other purposes with your consent.
If information is aggregated or de-identified so that it can no longer be reasonably associated with an identifiable person, we may use it for any lawful purpose.
3 Commercial And Marketing Communications
We may use the information we collect or receive to communicate directly and indirectly with you. We may send you emails containing newsletters, promotions and special offers related to the Service. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you will be given the option to opt out or change your preferences. We also use your information to send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). You may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
4 How We Share Your Information
We may share information outside of Uphint only as described below:
- Trusted Third Parties: We disclose information to our service providers or other third-parties, as needed to help us run our business.
- For Legal Reasons: We may release your information if we believe it is necessary to comply with the law, regulation, valid legal process, an enforceable government request, to prevent fraud or a security breach, enforce our policies or agreements, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- Sale of Company or Assets: If Uphint is involved in a merger, acquisition, public offering, asset sale, insolvency, bankruptcy, or similar change in our business structure, we may need to disclose your information to those involved in the transaction, subject to confidentiality requirements.
- Consent. We may also disclose your information to third parties with your consent to do so. For example, if you choose to enable a third-party integration, we may share account information and/or content from your account, but only as authorized by you when you enable or use the integration.
5 Storing Your Information
- Uphint can transfer Personal Data to recipients located in the United States of America, as defined by the Commission Decision of 5 February 2010 on standard contractual clauses for the transfer of Personal Data to processors established in third countries. Said data processors may be located in third countries and with which the standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission (Commission Decision (EU) 2010/87/EU) have been formalized.
- We will store your Personal Data for as long as it is needed to provide the Service, however, we may not know if you have stopped using the Service so we encourage you to contact us if you are no longer using the Service. If at any time you wish to remove information you have uploaded to the Service or stored in your account, you may request to do so by contacting us at email@example.com. However, if required by applicable law, we may retain your Personal Data for such period as may be required by such law. To continue to provide an effective service, we may store non-Personal Data perpetually and may anonymize your Personal Data and store that anonymized information perpetually.
- Additionally, as described in this Policy, we use third parties to provide the Service and do not have full control over their practices related to storage and retention of your Personal Data. However, we will work with such third parties to delete or modify your Personal Data to the extent required by GDPR and the European Commission’s model contracts for the transfer of Personal Data to third countries (i.e., the standard contractual clauses pursuant to Decision 2010/87/EU) (the “SCCs”).
- We care about the security of your information, and uses a variety of physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of information collected through the Service. To protect your privacy and security, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from us, at all times. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
6 Your Choices
You can change some of your Personal Data through the account settings provided on the Service. In addition, if you wish to access, receive a copy of, change or delete the Personal Data we hold about you, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, we may retain your information even after you have opted out if retention is necessary to comply with legal obligations, regulatory requirements, or to prevent fraud or abuse.
You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. You may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at email@example.com.
7 California Users
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants additional privacy rights to California consumers, such as the right to:
- Request to know about the categories or specific pieces of their personal information we collect, use, and disclose (including why we collect the information, where we get it from, and who we share it with).
- Request to delete their personal information.
- Not receive discriminatory treatment for exercise of their CCPA privacy rights.
To submit a request, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will validate your request by verifying your identity using your account information or other form of valid identification. An authorized agent may also make a request on a consumer’s behalf. Please note that, if you use Loom as an employee or agent of a business, we may not be required to grant your request to access/know or delete personal information, and we may ask that you contact your account administrator.
CCPA also requires specific disclosures for California consumers:
- We explain the categories of personal information we have collected in the preceding 12 months and sources of that information above under “Information We Collect.”
- We explain the business or commercial purposes for collecting personal information above under “How We Use Your Information.”
- We explain the categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties in the preceding 12 months above under “How We Share Your Information.”
We do not sell personal information.
8 Links To Other Web Sites And Services
9 Third-Party Services and Practices are Beyond Our Control
The Service may utilize numerous third-party services as part of the functionality of the Service, such as hosting services, analytics providers, communications services, and other vendors; and we may share your Personal Data with third parties to the extent explained in this Policy. We have no control over such third parties, except to the extent required by GDPR and the SCCs. Thus, we make no guarantees about, and assume no responsibility for the information, services, or data/privacy practices of third parties, except to the extent required by GDPR and the SCCs. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of such third parties.
10 How To Contact Us
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about the information we may have collected about you, and to review, revise, or delete such information.
11 Changes To This Policy
Uphint reserves the right to amend this policy in order to adapt it to new regulations, case laws and industrial and/or commercial practice.